Logo du Château de Meursault Splashpage

Avez-vous l'âge légal requis par la législation de votre pays pour entrer dans ce site ?
Do you have the legal age required by the laws of your country to enter this site ?



Quelle est votre langue ?
What is your language ?

FR | EN

1000 years of history

The fiefdom of Foulot MIll, that was later to become Château de Meursault, was created in the 11th century, during the reign of Robert the 1st. From 12th to 16th centuries, the owners of the fiefdom changed several times due to the struggle between the Duchy of Burgundy and the King of France. Starting from the 17th century, the Blancheton, the Serre, the Boisseaux and nowadays the Halley families succeeded each other – all of them having the same ambition of developing the reputation of Château de Meursault and its wines.

Découvrez l'histoire

11th century

Capetian Robert I, Duke of Burgundy and son of the King of France Robert II, pious grandson of Hugues Capet, conceded the fief of Foulot Mill to one of his squires.
XIeme siècle
Du XIIème au XVIème siècle

From the 12th to the 16th century

The owners of the fiefdom changed several times due to the struggle between the Duchy of Burgundy and the King of France.

In 1645

Being the property of the Mazeray seigneury, it was bought by Pierre Legoux de la Berchère, Lord of la Rochepot.
1645
1658

In 1658

The fief belonged to Louis of Grain. His family was established in Louhans region of Franche-Comté since the end of the 16th century.

In 1662

François de Raigecourt, the King’s officer in the regions of Lorraine and Barrois and his wife Béatrice-Thérèse de Bauffremont, coming from an old noble family based in Haute-Lorraine , enhanced the fief and its premises.
1662
1666

In 1666

Being used as a caution to finance a large loan, the fief was sold for an amount of 18 000 pounds to Pierre Blancheton, lawyer at the Parliament of Burgundy who lived in Beaune and became the Lord of Meursault. At that moment, the domain possessed few vineyards in Meursault and Monthélie.

In 1696

Jacques-Philibert Blancheton, squire and son of Pierre Blancheton, inherited the Château while marrying Henriette Boussard, daughter of Nicolas Boussard, who was lawyer at the Parlement of Burgundy.
1696
1756

In 1756

Henriette Boussard died, leaving the fief to her son, Jean-Baptiste-François Blancheton, the baron of La Rochepot and Meursault.

In 1759

Jean-Baptiste-François died and the fief was inherited by his two sons, Henri-Joseph and Jacques Philibert. Constrained to leave France during the Revolution, they returned to Beaune several years later without direct descendants.
1759
1794

1794 (Floréal an II)

During the Revolution, the property was seized and its value was estimated.

1799 (Ventôse year VII)

The property was sold to Jean Boillaud of Meursault and Jean-Baptiste Bouchard of Chalon-sur-Saône.
1820
1820-1857

Around 1820-1857

The fief passed to Pierre Jobard, a wine merchant from Meursault . Later it became the property of his daughter, Jeanne-Marie Philippine who married on July 21, 1818 Charles Serre, descendant of Chalon merchants .

In 1857

The fief was bequeathed to her two sons, Pierre-Charles-Philippe Serre, wine producer and merchant from Meursault and Pierre-Jules Serre, who lived in Paris.
1857
1867

In 1867

Pierre-Charles died and the fief was bequeathed to his daughter who married the baron de Montbrun. Due to the absence of direct heir, she bequeathed the estate to her cousin, the wife of the Earl of Moucheron.

In 1953

The Earl of Moucheron left the Château to his son Étienne de Moucheron. At that moment the domain represented a quarter of its current surface.
1953
1973

In 1973

André Boisseaux bought the Château de Meursault and restored it completely. It became one of the most beautiful and largest properties of Burgundy.
End 2012, this Burgundy jewel was acquired by the Halley family who has the ambitious and exciting projects for the vineyard as well as for the visits & tastings.
2012